Theological Quote By A Dead Guy – J.Edward
- “There is nothing that keeps wicked men at any one moment out of hell, but the mere pleasure of God.”
- “There are in the souls of wicked me those hellish principles reigning, that would presently kindle and flame out into hell-fire, if it were not for God’s restraint. There is laid in the very nature of carnal men, a foundation for the torments of hell. There are those corrupt principles, in reigning power in them, and in full possession of them, that are seeds of hell-fire. These principles are active and powerful, exceedingly violent in their nature, and if it were not for the restraining hand of god upon them, they would soon break out, they would flame out after the same manner as the same corruptions, the same enmity does in the hearts of damned souls, and would beget the same torments as they do in them.”
- “Almost every natural man that hears of hell, flatters himself that he shall escape it; he depends upon himself for his own security; he flatters himself in what he has done, in what he is now doing, or what he intends to do. Every one lays out matter in his own mind how he shall avoid damnation, and flatters himself that he contrives well for himself, and that his schemes will not fail.”
- God has laid himself under no obligation, by any promise to keep any natural man out of hell one moment. God certainly has made no promises either of eternal life, or of any deliverance or preservation from eternal death, but what are contained in the covenant of grace, the promises that are given in Christ, in whom all the promises are yea and amen.”
- “Were it not of the sovereign pleasure of God, the earth would not bear you one moment; for you burden it..”
Definitely not a PC preacher or a PC sermon. WOW!